Saturday, September 1, 2007

Saturday, September 01, 2007


Saturday, September 02, 2006

Back by demand....

well, ok maybe by request....one request haha.

---- in order to fill a non-existent quota, the below contains adult content(more than I have in these posts), so please don’t yell at me for not telling you.----

Thought for the week,

At what point is your selling point? In America everything is said to have a price. I am sure the concept is the same everywhere else in the world. Every human does a “cost / benefit” analysis when they are offered something. It is just a fact of life. I’ll do this for you if you pay me at least this. It is the modern concept of the workforce.
But what happens when what you believe it put on the line…when there is more at stake than just chasing the almighty dollar, what do you do then? A prime example of this is a Winston Churchill anecdotal dialogue. (Note: There is no direct written documentation proving he said this just folks saying they heard this.)
Churchill: Madam, would you sleep with me for five million pounds?
Lady: My goodness, Mr. Churchill... Well, I suppose... we would have to discuss terms, of course...
Churchill: Would you sleep with me for five pounds?
Lady: Mr. Churchill, what kind of woman do you think I am?!
Churchill: Madam, we've already established that. Now we are haggling about the price.
-Begs the question, who are you really?-
When you read this, you think that is a no brainer, it would be a sin to do so…of course I am assuming everyone that is reading this will be of strong Christian moral beliefs. But when you get to the guts of this…is there something in the back of your head saying…wow that money sure could solve a lot of problems in my life. Therein lies the conflict of the heart. The funny thing is you could actually talk yourself into do this. Tell yourself how selfless you would be with the money and how it would be for the greater good and how you sin all the time while speeding on the highway so what is one more sin?
I guess it is true that you cant serve two masters…
Is this one of those moments where the good of the many out weigh the good of the few? That is something you would have to ask yourself for it is a heart issue. I admit it would be tempting to say yes, but I would say no thank you. I am not asking what other people think on that issue, if you want to comment on it I wouldn’t mind reading them, it is a very interesting subject and something that should be rolled around in one’s mind.
Now for the main topic,
A few weeks back Fox News reporter, Steve Centanni and camera man Olaf Wiig, were abducted. You may have heard this story, you may have not. I did not see much press coverage given to it but I don’t read a lot of newspapers. The muslim jihadist took them back to their place where they were held captive at gunpoint. Here comes the kicker.
This is a quote from Centanni:
"We were forced to convert to Islam at gunpoint, don’t get me wrong here. I have the highest respect for Islam, and I learned a lot of good things about it, but it was something we felt we had to do because they had the guns, and we didn't know what the hell was going on."
What would you do in this situation? Would you pretend to convert? Will it go along with the “convert and ask for forgiveness later” belief? I believe that statement was said in “Kingdom of Heaven” It wouldn’t surprise me because; they said some pretty crazy things in that movie. Would you pretend, or even whole-heartedly regardless of how long a period deny Christ to prolong your life on this earth? When I say this I am by no means condemning any one! Look at Peter…the Rock…even he denied Christ to save his skin. So can I condemn these people for converting to Islam even if it is temporarily? By no means. What scares me is I don’t know what I would do in this situation. It is one thing to act all big and tough over here on the other side of the pond with no one pointing sharp poky things in my general direction. But the moment someone says do this or your head will be the new bowling ball…well I don’t know what I would do. It is a heart issue.
So where is your selling point? 5 million dollars? Your life? Someone else’s life?
I don’t have an answer to these things, I know what I should do but would I be able to perform under pressure? Regardless thankfully I more than likely will never have to make a decision for either of the two situations above.

No comments: