Thursday, September 11, 2008

It's a beautiful day

Don't let it get away...

Life is truly amazing.

I am surprised by how much time we as humans waste in doing nothing. I am by no means excusing myself from this criticism. I am sure I am the worst among them.

Life is an adventure that happens everyday. When was the last time you tasted what you ate? I am not talking about just passively noticing that the taste is pleasing to the senses. I am talking about savoring the bite and noticing the intricacies of each herb and spice.

I find so much of the time I f
ocus on the easy things in life. Not because they are the best thing around but because it is the easiest to do most of the time. I am trying to change this.

I love this quote by JFK
"
We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too."

This type of idea might be the one I went into engineering. Well that and a host of other reasons like I hope that my future job will provide enough money so my future(assuming I am able to find one ;p) wife wont have to work. I think kids grow up better when they are raised by their parents and not a day care center.

Wow I got way off topic there...anyways...
My goal for the next week is to experience life...actually drink in the world that the Lord has created for us. I am a firm believer that he takes happiness in our happiness as long as it is not out side his will for us.
To start with I am going to hike on Saturday with some friends, after that...who knows?!

But I do intend to do by be
st see the world around me in a different light...a more thankful light.

Since I didnt meet my new non-existent picture quota...here is one

No comments: